Wat Muen Sarn is one of an important learning center in Chiang Mai Province. This temple is located at 13 Wualai Road, Hai Ya, Muang, Chiang Mai with the size about 10 rai. (4 acres) In 1929, the king had allowed to build the temple here but the evidence could not be found. So on June 21st, 1991 the king had allowed to build the temple again with the evidence in the 108th Royal Thai Government Gazette. There are many palm leaf scrolls in this temple. The result from the survey of Social Research Insitute, Chiang Mai University shows that there are 163 indexes and 815 copies of the scroll.  Some of the scrolls were written in 1825 which means these documents are almost 200 years old.